Waiting for answers to RFIs and Submittals can delay trades and hold up the project. At Fieldlens we believe in a more efficient flow of information. That's why we've created post flags for RFIs and Submittals - just like safeties and deficiencies.
When you create an RFI or Submittal in Fieldlens and add an assignee, they will get notified immediately. And by sharing with the trades, they’ll get the answers when you do!
Important note: All RFIs and Submittals are made public. That means they’re visible to everyone using Fieldlens that’s on the project.
Creating a post from mobile:
- Hit the create button “+”
- Click “RFI” or “Submittal”
- Write a title
- Write “a question” or “add more detail”
- Add an assignee
- Fill out other data points needed
Creating a post from the web app:
- You can select a RFI or Submittal flag from the Post flag drop-down when creating a New Post.
- Click Assign to add an assignee. You can also type a name or email address in the Assign field.
- Recommended: Set a due date by clicking the calendar icon to the right of the assignee’s name.
RFI and Submittal IDs
Each and every RFI and Submittal post will be assigned a unique ID in Fieldlens. If you create your first RFI within a project, for example, it will be RFI #1 with the post status of open, resolved, closed.