To create a Report of your posts from within a project you must sign-in to the Web App and click the "Export report" button in the top right of the web app.
Selecting the posts for your report
By default your report will include "All Posts" currently visible in your Feed. Many users will use the quick filters to quickly get to their daily or punch posts before clicking "Export report".
But you also have the option to use the filters from within the report form. Click Report Includes to access your quick filters or click the left sidebar to slide out your full filter options. The presets include:
- Punch list
- Safety report
- RFI list
- Submittal list
- Handover Scorecard
- All unread
- Assigned to me
- Any custom filters you have saved
Important Note: RFI and Submittal lists are only available on projects created after 1/16/2018.
Tap Details to give your report a title and add any additional email recipients within "Sent To" section that you wish to receive the Report.
Report Generated Email
You’ll receive the report automatically via a generated link as shown in the screenshot image below. You will click into the generated link in order to access your PDF Or CSV created Report. Example of the email generated in this screenshot here below.
Steps on How To Extract Media Files within a PDF Report
- Click into Report Link Title that you will receive via email as shown in the screenshot image above, EX: ALL POSTS. (You can also access any of your reports, if you sign-in to the web app on a desktop computer, and select the "Reports" tab in order to access any created reports on your project.)
- Click into any Media Image or Video under any of your posts on the Report.
3. Click into the Media Image or Video to "Download"
4. Click into your web browser tab after the image or video has downloaded and select "Open" (EX: See screenshot image above).
You can choose to export a report as either a PDF or CSV. The formatting of PDF reports is fully customizable, and there are also several preset formatting options that you can choose from:
- Compact will include location and categories.
- Current Status will include all post details and media.
- Drawing Status will include all post details, media, and full-size drawing pages.
- Full History will include all post details and media as well as updates.
Customize your report
To customize your PDF report, click on Customize to the right of the Layout drop down.
- Cover options - make changes to the first page of your report. Choose to include a resource tracking summary, general notes, or post stats, for example.
- You can choose to add full-size drawing pages under General options.
- Post options allow you to pick and choose what details from your posts end up in the report. You can choose to include all post details or to only include a few details - like location, weather, or assignees, for example. You’ll also be able to choose the size of the media (if included) as it appears in the report - tiny, small, medium, or large.
For CSV exports, choose between Post Summary or Resource Tracking.
You can schedule a report from the web as well - click the pencil icon next to “Schedule” to have the report run automatically. Dropdown to select the frequency and then specify the actual schedule - for example, every Friday at 2:45PM.