Adding media to your posts will give your team a visual understanding of what's going on in the field. Need to document progress on a job? Simply snap some photos and post to Fieldlens. Come across an issue while walking the jobsite? You can record a video to show a loose door knob or broken hinge, for example.
Adding photos and videos to posts
- Tap the camera icon at the bottom of the post panel.
- To capture something new, click Take photo. Here you can toggle between the photo and video setting.
- If you want to add a photo or video you took earlier, click Choose from library or Use last photo taken.
- Tap on Done to add to the post.
From the web:
- From the new post screen, click the attachment icon.
- Either drag and drop your files or select a specific file you want to upload.
- When you’ve made your selections, simply hit Upload.
Marking up photos in Fieldlens
Use the markup tools in the mobile and web app to call out any details in a photo that need extra attention.
Using your mobile device:
Once the photo has been taken or added, just tap the thumbnail in the post and choose Markup from the menu.
You can markup your media with a pencil or marker as well as add text, clouds, shapes, lines, and arrows. You can also crop any images you take or upload.
Using the web app:
Hover over the thumbnail of the photo(s) you’ve added to a post and click on the pencil icon. From the web, you’ll be able to crop, draw on, and add text to your images -- as well as change the orientation.
Taking voice notes
Have your hands busy? Use the mobile app to add Voice Notes to your posts - as many as you need. No typing necessary.
- Tap the “...” button in the post panel.
- Select Voice Notes.
- Click the red recording button and start talking.
- Hit Save to add as an attachment.
You can also use talk-to-text to give your posts descriptions -- handsfree. Click New Post and into the description field and tap the microphone on the keyboard to document what you’re seeing.